John Dalziel has announced his under-20 Scotland team to face Australia tomorrow in their opening match of the World Championship.
The selection is a mix of experience with well known pro players like Edinburgh Rugby’s Jamie Ritchie and Blair Kinghorn, Glasgow Warrior’s Zander Fagerson and captain Scott Cummings, as well as promising new talent like Cameron Gray and Alex Craig who have been named on the bench.
Head Coach John Dalziel had this to say:
We’ve gone for an experienced team, which we feel has the right blend to execute our game plan, as well as dealing with the threats Australia will pose.
This Scotland team comes into the World Championship brimming with confidence following their win over Italy and first ever defeat of England in this year’s U20 6 Nations. Scotland lost to 31 to 21 against Australia in last year’s tournament, so a win tomorrow would show serious progress for the young side.
Scotland U20 team to play Australia
AJ Bell Stadium, Manchester (KO 5.30pm)
15. Blair Kinghorn (Edinburgh Rugby)
14. Darcy Graham (Hawick)
13. Rory Hutchinson (Northampton Saints)
12. Tom Galbraith (Melrose)
11. Ben Robbins (Currie)
10. Adam Hastings (Bath Rugby)
9. Hugh Fraser (Heriot’s)
1. Murray McCallum (Heriot’s)
2. Jake Kerr (Boroughmuir)
3. Zander Fagerson (Glasgow Warriors)
4. Andrew Davidson (Newcastle Falcons)
5. Scott Cummings CAPTAIN (Glasgow Warriors)
6. Lewis Wynne (Stirling County)
7. Matt Smith (Glasgow Hawks)
8. Jamie Ritchie (Edinburgh Rugby)
16. Lewis Anderson (Ayr)
17. Dan Elkington (Melrose)
18. Callum Sheldon (Leeds Beckett University)
19. Alex Craig (Gloucester)
20. Ally Miller (Melrose)
21. Charlie Shiel (Currie)
22. George Taylor (Melrose)
23. Cameron Gray (Currie)
How do you think they’ll do? Can they beat their Aussie counterparts? Let us know in the comments below.
Credit: World Rugby